Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My Teeth Hurt



First off I would like to welcome you to my first ever BLOG!! This is all very new to me and I will do my best to keep you all up to date on my weekly activities for the wedding as well as the progress on my Teeth situation.

I've always wanted braces... ever since I can remember. When I was young it wasn't cool to have braces and since my top teeth were not that bad I thought I could get away with not having them. Well as an adult I have found that my teeth keep shifting. This has been driving me nuts so once I got engaged (and my fiance was able to add me to his health care plan - not the reason we are getting married - but it sure helps!! lol) I decided it was time to take the plung.

Yesterday was D-day for me. I took half the day off work to get braces on my top teeth. I have to say I am a little vain. I've always idolize people with straight teeth. I love to smile and for me this is going to be a huge self confidence booster. However during the process I have to come to terms with the fact that I'll have these UGLY train track teeth (as my good friend Rob, loved calling me last night :) for the next 9-12 months.

I bet you are wondering when I'm getting married and will I have them on for the wedding? Cross your fingers- if everything goes smoothly then I won't be stuck with these for the wedding... but my dentist has assured me that on Sept 22 ( a few days before my wedding date) if by that time I have not had my braces removed he will remove them, no questions asked. I have to say that I was worried that he would fight me on this one. I'm not sure why, it's not like he's telling me I need open heart surgery and I'm refusing to get it done until after the wedding. They're Braces and I'm paying for them. So basically if I wanted them off tomorrow then I can go back in and he'll remove them. 

So far, the pain is about a 4 out of 10. They are some what uncomfortable and my teeth hurt (to be expected). Right now Advil and Tylenol are my new best friends.

Check back soon and I will post some pictures of the before and after....

1 comment:

NICG said...

Hey Braceface!
Love the new blog can't wait to follow the journey to straight teeth and the wedding of your dreams
xooxoxoxo
Nic