Sunday, May 10, 2009

Hormonal

As I near the end of my pregnancy people are starting to notice a lot more that I'm growing a small child inside of me. My two favourite stories are:

One of my bosses from work had been away on business for 3 weeks and stopped at my desk the other day to see how I was doing and this is what he said.... KL you are HUGE!! I was laughing so hard when he said this. 1st - I know he wasn't trying to be rude because he asked me a ton of great questions afterwards. 2nd -  I think he forgot he was talking to a woman. 3rd- I probably have grow a lot since the last time I saw him!!! Anyways it's funny the things that come out of people's mouths.

Depending on the shirt I might wear people find it hard to notice I'm pregnant (I'm going to sticking with the shirt theory and you'll understand why after my story.) Random people I have not seen in a long time keep telling me that I don't even look pregnant. You would think this is a compliment but I think to my self...I'm 7 months along and I'm sure they're is some resemblance to a pregnant bully under my clothing or people just always thought I was a BIG girl to begin with and my "fat" is just hiding this child really well.....lol I think it has to do with Big Boobs and the way shirts hang on me but you some times have to wonder???!!! 

I share these stories because I think they are funny and I understand that people are trying to be nice and I really do appreciate it but it's weird the things you think about when you are pregnant, hormonal and a little unstable. 

I have to say that I have two things going for me these days - I'm super tall and can carry weight really well. This is true, I have a lot more room to store fat then a shorter person does (I'll apologize now - I blame my freakishly tall parents) and I have a wedding dress to fit into in 4 months. I'm doing my best to stay in the AVERAGE weight gain so I don't have to loss as much afterwards. 

There are lots of fun things happening in the next little while and I can't wait to share them with you. 

Until next time.......

No comments: